Default High Standard/ Sears

I just acquired a sears model 21 20ga shotgun. It has a busted trigger housing. Anyone know of a source for these? Numrich is out of stock, I have emails out to Dick William's and Bob's gun shops. Epay and gunbroker have nothing. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Paul
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote" Benjamin Franklin

Can you post a picture of your TG and where/how it is broken ?? I can find a schematic of a Sears 21, but it is in 12ga. A J.C. Higgins model 21 is a 20ga. They are both made by High Standard but there are 2 different High Standard models of 20 ga. that have 2 different trigger guards.

Emri, here are a couple of pics. I believe it's the same as the high standard flite king k2011

Last edited by paul v; 11-21-2015 at 10:10.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote" Benjamin Franklin

can it be brazed.. welded... soldered or glued? Asking because it looks like the damage is to the trigger guard/bow only... good luck to you sir...
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Gimp, unfortunately I'm missing the back half of the housing. The lug for the stock bolt is in that half, along with the safety.

As far as I know, unless you can find another gun to get the parts from, you are out of luck. That TG "ALWAYS" breaks through where the trigger pivot pin goes. It is a very weak area. I have scrapped more than one in the past 30 years and have NEVER seen a spare part to be had. I can remember ONE that came in for a good cleaning after it had sat for many years and it wasn't broken. That gun hadn't been used much either. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you would be well advised to forget repairs to that gun.

Thanks for the pics, I could tell instantly which one you had by viewing them.

Emri
    Last edited by Emri; 11-21-2015 at 03:29.

Ermi, thanks. I have nothing in the gun, so I'll keep looking. Maybe I'll get lucky and find one someday.

Have you checked with Jack First?
    http://www.jackfirstgun.com/

I was planning on calling Jack First this week.

Well, went 0 for 3 today. Jack First had nothing, G.W. Elliot has passed away, and Bob's had nothing. The search continues.