Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

I don't see that there is too much of a problem. The Dundee Cabelas had three boxes of .30-40 when we were there and the Wheeling store had four boxes a week or so before. That is plenty of brass but the getting it to Alaska would require some one down south buy it and break it down and pop the primers. Does it require extra effort and costs? yep, but the brass is out there in some form. The Krag world should be able to come together to help out their fellow man.

With Remington at 30-38 a box and the cost of unloading it and shipping to points north the that begs to be asked is do ya' want to suck it up and pay to shoot your gun or do you want to nail a foot to the floor and run in circles?

I would suck it up. The kids can go hungry for a few weeks.

Culpeper
    1."If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes
    2. "The Right to Buy Weapons is the Right to be Free" From The Weapon Shop by A. E. van Vogt

I looked at the list of cases presently made by PRIVI, and there are surely some already being supplied which have to less popular than the .30-40. Being so close to the .303, I suspect that some minor tweaks to the tooling would allow for producing both/either from the same raw cup with very little attendant cost to them. Sounds like a win-win to me.

I sent PRVI an email about Krag brass once, they run .303 British. I tried to tell them there was a market, never heard anything back. Maybe they'd be more responsive if they got more suggestions: http://www.prvipartizan.com/contact.php
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson