1. Default How did they get the front scope ring on this scope???

Blog Entries

I posted a similar scope a couple months ago. Consensus was they took the scope apart.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipM View Post
    I posted a similar scope a couple months ago. Consensus was they took the scope apart.
    Does the front bell come off?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by m1903rifle View Post
    Does the front bell come off?
    No, the eyepiece and the adjustment turrets
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

The rings look like a set of very old Redfield.

The scope has to be taken apart to some degree. The eyepice has to be removed. If the front ring can be opened to allow it to pass over the adjustment turrets, all is well and good. If not, then the turrets base has to be removed.

Rings like that were made for scopes with a straight tube or for scopes such as the Weaver K2.5 or K3, but were often used on scopes with belled ends, often to the dismay of the user when the scope or rings were damaged in the process.
    Last edited by raymeketa; 11-15-2015 at 11:29.

The better quesstion is WHY would some nitwit try to force a set of rings on to a scope where they were obviously not intended!

Quote Originally Posted by jgaynor View Post
    The better quesstion is WHY would some nitwit try to force a set of rings on to a scope where they were obviously not intended!
    Because that was all they had............
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster