Default S&W Model 27-2 .357 Magnum

Happened onto another Smith & Wesson classic today. A beautiful, 1970s vintage Model 27-2 w/5" bbl. Came with original presentation box and papers. Yeah I know.....I need another revolver like a hole in my head. Has pinned barrel and recessed cylinder chambers with TT, TH, and TS. This one was just too nice to pass up and I couldn't resist. Think I'm done with firearm purchases for the year. This was the second Smith I bought this month. Afterall, my birthday comes in about a week and thought I would treat myself. Grin. Anyway, here's a few pics for your viewing pleasure....

smith 1.jpgsmith 2.jpgsmith 3.jpgsmith 4.jpg

A great find. These are truly works of art and the only Smith that I'm aware of that has the cross hatching on top. A 357 in a 44 mag frame and a wide variety of barrel lengths are more attributes of this model. Happy birthday indeed.

Gorgeous revolver. Just about the best barrel length for the N-Frame in .357 S&W Magnum. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Nice find! As far as I know S&W doesn't offer that presentation case with the tools anymore. I have one for a model 29 and wish I could get one for my 27.

Quote Originally Posted by joem View Post
    Nice find! As far as I know S&W doesn't offer that presentation case with the tools anymore. I have one for a model 29 and wish I could get one for my 27.
    There's a few of them on ebay. They are pricey though and you would be limited to your exact frame size and barrel length but they are available.

I bought a display case from S&W. Nice wood box with S&W logo on cover. Thanks I'll check ebay.

8. Default

Sketter Skelton was quite fond of the 5" M-27.

ya done good Oy... congrats sir a picking up a classic N frame...Even better is that Calif. will allow you guys to own them...Did you buy it there or in another state ? I've heard that Calif prices can often be more for similar handguns/firearms than anywhere else in the USA. Would $1500 touch that pistol in Calif?
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Beautiful gun, a clone of mine. 5" barrel ones are not rare but not common either. S&W made as many 5" barrel ones as they did mostly because "Skeeter" Skelton preferred and bragged on them. Like mine yours has the target hammer and trigger which to me is a bit odd for a gun with a 5" barrel and a quick draw sight. The presentation boxes alone bring over $100.00 these days.

Congratulations again on an example of firearms craftsmanship the like of which won't be seen again.
    Last edited by Art; 11-10-2015 at 09:28.