Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default does a flash supressor (no boyo lug) make my m-1a unlegal in ny?

saw this and need to know.

thx,

goo

http://www.fulton-armory.com/fultona...4-1-1-1-1.aspx
    "I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round up a flea's ass at 200 meters."

Goo, you need to move to a gun friendly State. I live in Iowa and can own/shoot anything.

From what I can find the suppressor makes it an assault weapon according to the liberal idiots in your fine state. Sorry bro.
    Democrat: A person too stupid to know they're a communist.

If you heard my shot, I wasn't aiming at you.

4. Default

The one you linked to has no flash suppressor so it should be good to go. You can get "imitation" flash suppressors with the slots filled to give the look. I have a friend in the Albany area that has one that passed inspection.

the flash suppressor he mention has no bayo lug & is solid & has no holes/slots running lengthwise on it...not even sure if you can keep the original GI type of this or the M1carbine bayo lug in the same house with the rifles... even if they are not mounted on the rifles... beware if someone offers you mags for either... same goes.
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Suffolk County N.Y. was one of the most gun friendly areas in the NY metro area until the NYC and upstate liberals were able to impose there anti gun views and laws on us. One reason that I bailed out as soon as I retired. Until not long ago, Suffolk County was a great place to live. No more.

i don't got the rifle in the link.i got a standard springfield m-1a with a flash suppressor but no bayo lug. is that legal in suffolk county?

also i got a m-1 carbine wih no bayo lug (i grount it off)... is that legal if it got a small mag?

thx, gents
    Last edited by goo; 11-02-2015 at 07:01.
    "I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round up a flea's ass at 200 meters."

8. Default

http://www.scopeny.org/safe_act/#aw

II. ASSAULT WEAPONS

1. Definition: The Safe Act redefined the term “Assault Weapon” and created registration requirements for those who lawfully owned them before the enactment of the statute.
    As of January 15, 2013, the term “Assault Weapon” has been redefined as:2

• A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following military characteristics:

a. Folding or Telescoping Stock b. Protruding Pistol Grip
    c. Thumbhole Stock
    d. Second Handgrip or Protruding Grip that can be held by non-shooting hand e. Bayonet Mount
    f. Flash Suppressor g. Muzzle Brake
    h. Muzzle Compensator
    i. A threaded barrel designed to accommodate the above j. Grenade Launcher

Modify the mag release to make it a fixed mag and you are good to go. load with chargers
    Last edited by Ned Butts; 11-03-2015 at 05:15.

[QUOTE=Ned Butts;435890]http://www.scopeny.org/safe_act/#aw

II. ASSAULT WEAPONS

1. Definition: The Safe Act redefined the term “Assault Weapon” and created registration requirements for those who lawfully owned them before the enactment of the statute.
    As of January 15, 2013, the term “Assault Weapon” has been redefined as:2

• A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following military characteristics:

a. Folding or Telescoping Stock b. Protruding Pistol Grip
    c. Thumbhole Stock
    d. Second Handgrip or Protruding Grip that can be held by non-shooting hand e. Bayonet Mount
    f. Flash Suppressor g. Muzzle Brake
    h. Muzzle Compensator
    i. A threaded barrel designed to accommodate the above j. Grenade Launcher

Modify the mag release to make it a fixed mag and you are good to go. load with chargers[/QUOTE)

The carbine has no provision for stripper clip loading except to the magazine when it is out of the gun. Each carbine stripper has a built in guide that fits the magazine, not the firearm.

10. Default

Sorry I was talking about the M1A