Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default S&W Model 19-2 Combat Magnum

Have an opportunity to pick up on a trade a Bill Jordan special; a very nice Smith Model 19-2 w/4" bbl, target grips, hammer, and trigger that appears to be in 90% or better condition. Serial number is K-657-XXX which, I believe, places manufacture date in 1965. Revolver comes with original paperwork and blue, corner reinforced, factory box. What would experts say is value of this revolver? She shore is purty however, I don't want to be taken to the cleaners. Another thing to keep in mind is that we're talking California which tends to drive up prices.

Here's a pic.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Oyaji; 10-26-2015 at 08:41.

There's a couple on GunBroker (19-2) with 6" barrels and diamond target grips with a buy it now price of $600 and that would have been my guess of the worth. The one you have pictured has the target hammer and target trigger which is wider. That is always a plus and the ones on GB didn't have these. These are not Bill Jordan specials either. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Allen; 10-26-2015 at 10:13.

What I meant by "Bill Jordan special" was that the Combat Magnum was first envisioned by Bill Jordan and it was he who encouraged Smith & Wesson to put in into production. This particular revolver is certainly not a special run such as those ordered by Lew Horton and others.

Here's a few more pics....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Oyaji; 10-27-2015 at 07:56.

Very nice. Looks like Santa might be coming early this year.

What would experts say is value of this revolver? She shore is purty however, I don't want to be taken to the cleaners. Another thing to keep in mind is that we're talking California which tends to drive up prices.
    Looks nice in the pics. I would say somewhere in the $500 - $600 range (retail). Remember, they don't make them anymore. The closest things available new are a M66, ( SS, rubber grips, K-frame ) and a M586 ( blue, wood, L-frame ) each with a MSRP of about $850.
    I'll let you interpolate a conversion to CA prices.

HTH,

Emri
    Last edited by Emri; 10-27-2015 at 06:01.

good luck on her & if she's available between $400.00 to at the very most $450.00 I'd get her if you need a good carry CCW gun ... Here, one that is a hard graded 90% blue, means it has quite a bit of wear.... but it is still a good using gun... but it has zero collector value. I have no idea on California prices.....
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

I have seen them 400-1000 bucks. Depending on the Gun store "in Calif". Even a few over the 1000 mark.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a handgun such as this must of been originally sold in Calif and stayed in Calif. Because of the Safety Testing. right?
    liberum aeternum

Quote Originally Posted by StockDoc View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but a handgun such as this must of been originally sold in Calif and stayed in Calif. Because of the Safety Testing. right?
    Short answer: No. It will be a private party transfer and is not subject to being on the so-called "roster."

with the box and the papers and at 90% (it looks better than that to me) I think $550.00 to $600.00 would be fair. Anything much under $500.00 would be a very good buy. I'd have to want it a lot to pay much over $600.00 for it.

Default It's a Done Deal

We made the swap. I traded an Israeli surplus Hi-Power, 100 rounds of 9mm, and a 20 year old guitar amp that had been sitting in my garage for the last 10 years collecting dust for the featured Model 19. I think I did okay. The revolver looks even better in person. It is an honest 90% and probably closer to 95%. Old school bluing in gorgeous.

Thanks to all for your input.