Default Classic 2nd shipment “Sako Luck of the Draw”

I decided to jump on the band wagon and pick up a Finnish M39 from the Classic flood! The only thing I wanted was a usable gun of Sako manufacture. After hearing some of the stories (good & bad) from the first shipment, and seeing Classic was making an effort to right their wrongs, I pulled the trigger (pun intended).
    After making sure my C&R was on file, I camped on their website as the countdown clock ticked away. I selected the order for my regular Sako, and added in the comments “I prefer a NICE dark wartime stock”.
    I am very happy with what I received. Does it have surface rust and minor pitting on the metal, yes! Is it a NICE dark wartime stock, yes! Does it have some dings and dents in the wood, yes! Are there any cracks or splits in the wood, no! Is there anything that looks to be mechanically wrong, no! I am by NO MEANS an expert, but it can be considered good to me, and that is what counts. And as an EXTRA BONUS, all the numbers; barrel, bolt, and floor plate match!

Old enough to know better . . . BUT I DON'T CARE!
    MUST WATCH . . . Live and Learn

Excellent rifle! Just about the very best product improvement of the 91 ever developed. Bore condition? Crown? Range test? Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

When you finally take it apart, look at the bottom of the tang for a date. I am thinking your rifle receiver was Russian originally and of WW1 or earlier vintage. It has the look of been there and done it for sure.

And IF you take it apart, be mindful that the Finns used shims between the stock and receiver to tighten up the fit. Mine has little square pot metal shims, about 6 of them, loose (not attached in any fashion). They will fall out easily, and putting them back to the spot the armorer intended is a guessing game. Yes, I do have experience on this.
    Last edited by Liam; 10-19-2015 at 09:52.
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.