Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New K-38

Don't know what you ended up paying for it but it sounds like a good find. Your state still has the "cooling off period"???? I think Alabama used to have a 5 day B/S wait but that was done away with long ago. I go to a shop, pick out what I want, lay down the money, fill out the form, the dealer calls it in for the verification and I walk out with the gun. We'll be waiting for the pictures.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Don't know what you ended up paying for it but it sounds like a good find. Your state still has the "cooling off period"???? I think Alabama used to have a 5 day B/S wait but that was done away with long ago. I go to a shop, pick out what I want, lay down the money, fill out the form, the dealer calls it in for the verification and I walk out with the gun. We'll be waiting for the pictures.
    Yep...10 day "cooling off" period and 1 handgun every 30 days. Sucks. I tried convincing my FFL that I was sufficiently dispassionate to take the guns immediately. No dice.

My son lives in Nevada and it is much different there.
    ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

3. Default

I can't bring the revolver home for another week, but I did bring the box home...

a beauty of a handgun earlier & this box is in great shape... congrats on picking up several nice collector grade S&W's sir....
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by joem View Post
    Man, that is nice!! I'm looking for a model 28 for to fill a space in my collection collection. There are a few out there but a bit pricey.
    We have a nice M28 in the store right now if you are interested. Ain't supposed to try and sell stuff on the forums so contact me off forum at (campbATgulftel.com) if interested. Remove parentheses and use proper @ symbol of course.

Nice looking pistol Calfed !!

Emri

Texas native exiled to Oz for past indescretions to numerous to mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfed View Post
    I can't bring the revolver home for another week, but I did bring the box home...

Good find. You gotta love those old Smith's, especially the K-framed guns. There's just something about the size of the K-frame that's just right.
    Last edited by Andouille; 10-30-2015 at 06:47.
    "There it is"
    LOAD AND BE READY!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Andouille View Post
    Good find. You gotta love those old Smith's, especially the K-framed guns. There's just something about the size of the K-frame that's just right.
    Thanks, Andouille. I can bring home the gun on Tueday and will post better pics.

8. Default

Finally picked up my K-38 after the "cooling off" period...all matching, as I hoped.

A ridiculous amount of time to "wait and cool off" but it sure looks like it was worth it. Good find, thanks for sharing.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    A ridiculous amount of time to "wait and cool off" but it sure looks like it was worth it. Good find, thanks for sharing.
    Thanks, Allen