1. Default Marine corp raiders stillehto.

I use to think mint condition examples were the only way to collect, then after spending hours upon hours talking with my dad about ww2 god rest his soul I had much more respect for well used items and the men that used them.20151009_230953.jpg20151009_231023.jpg

I'm not a collector of knives, but have always been attracted to the military Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife and the role it played in the allied special forces' efforts during WW2. Congratulations on owning an important (and very cool) piece of history!
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

3. Default

My cousin has my Uncles knife that he picked up on a march in the philippines. He said there was all kinds of stuff soldiers would drop or throw down because they got tired of having it. He would tape it to the inside of his jacket when going on special missions in case he got captured. My cousin asked him if it was so he could escape, and Uncle said no, it was so he could kill himself. The kinds of things he was doing and where he might be caught, they would have tortured him for information. He figured if a Japanese could fall on a knife to kill themselves, he figured he could too.
    Fred Pillot
    Captain
    San Jose Zouaves

That is a very nice Raider knife. It doesn't look like the handle is cracked at all on it. If it isn't, you are very lucky!

Thanks for sharing!