1. Default Marlin Model 38 with low serial number

Just picked up a really nice Marlin Model 38 22cal. The serial number is A90 I was wondering if this low serial number adds any value.

Is it marked Marlin Rockwell or M-R ? if so this increases value... & is only found on early rifles... the problem is , that I'm not sure that all Marlin model 38's were serial numbered..... many early .22's by Remington & Winchester are not serial numbered...I'm unsure on Marlin. What kind of shape is it in? can you post pix?
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

3. Default

Hi
    Ill post pictures tomorrow. Barrel is round and is marked The Marlin Firearms Corporation, This gun is second series of serial numbers. First group didn't have letter prefix.

Very nice. I don't recall ever seeing that particular model. Thanks for the pics.

5. Default

Is that a tang sight I see folded down? Also, the hooded front sight, does that take different sight inserts? Neat rifle you have there.

she is very pretty.... easily the nicest one I've seen. Congrats sir. If the bore is as pretty on the inside as this is on the outside... someone would have to hunt long & hard and also get very lucky to find one as nice or nicer as yours is... If you google this model & run a search on it... you'll find out a lot of good info on her... I've got a bad case of CRS (can't remember chit--senioritis) and am worried I'd mis-state a fact on her. Again congrats.
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

7. Default

The front sight does take inserts Rear sight looks original

8. Default

If that front sight is a Lyman model 17, they still make them and the inserts. If you don't have more than one insert, you can still buy a complete set. Nice, nice rifle!