Thread: Dog Tags

1. Default Dog Tags

My brother wants to get replicas of his dog tags. He was in the Army from 1957 to 1959. Anybody know where he might find them?

Just google replacement army dog tags from 57 to 59 era. Should be able to find some
    Democrat: A person too stupid to know they're a communist.

If you heard my shot, I wasn't aiming at you.

U.S. Cavalry Stores either makes 'em or has a link to a place that does, as I recall.
    Spelling and grammar count!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by snakehunter View Post
    My brother wants to get replicas of his dog tags. He was in the Army from 1957 to 1959. Anybody know where he might find them?
    Thanks for your input guys. I found several places that make them but, unfortunately, they only have the new type.

I assume you want the kind with the notch? There is an outfit here in MI that claim they have them. Was trying to get some made (gave mine to couple grand kids who wore them for awhile) Talked with the makers at a gun show. Never followed thru on it and have not seen them since. Info is long gone. I will make some inquiries.
    You can never go home again.

my link goes to a company with notched tags...

got some for my dad (korean war vet)...

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by snakehunter View Post
    Thank you all for your responses to my post. I found a place that makes both the new and old styles. It's called Military Vets Px. They have a lot of other stuff besides dog tags. Their phone number is 800-864-5062.

I recently replaced mine (gave originals to G. Children years ago). I got them from My Dog Tag Inc., 888.364.8244. In Toronto, Canada. I sent a picture so he would get it right. 15 bucks for two with both chains. He will want info on what is on them and how arranged. Has several styles on web site. I got out in 56 and they were still notched, don't know when they changed. The guy even sent them before I paid, said to pay if they were good, used a USPMO. Excellent service, I would recommend him!
    You can never go home again.