Default cracked m16a1 stock

I have a m16a1 stock with a small 1/4 inch long crack above the butt plate. While in the Army I would have just replaced it. Has any one attempted this repair? What works?

hvymech@tahoo.com

Civilian life, just replace it,they're cheap.

3. Default

No butt stock but repaired a long, jagged crack in an m16 triangle hand guard. Using the smallest drill bit I had, drilled a hole at the end of the crack, hopefully to stop any future cracking. Used JB Weld and dental floss to work it into the crack and on both sides. After it set up firm but not hard, lightly scrapped the epoxy off the outside. Taped off the area and hit it with some black spray paint after it had cured. Repair blends in well with the hand guard.

hth

Don't know where to find a cheap one anymore!

I'm looking for a A-1 stock myself--you used to find them anywhere like Sarco

5. Default

I just got one from Apex. Asked for and got an excellent condition A1 stock.
    Very pleased.

http://www.apexgunparts.com/colt-m16...-stripped.html

If you want a less expensive option, Gunpartscorp.com has them for $22 plus shipping.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/564730B.htm

We are talking A1 stocks,not A2

gwp--thank's for the tip--just bought one-THANK'S
    Last edited by Litt'le Lee; 09-28-2015 at 07:48. Reason: INFO

I worked for Huges Training on a contract with the Singapore Army back in the 90s. In Singapore, if a piece of equipment has a fault, they mark it, usually with a piece of masking tape with the fault written on it. There was one kid who had a crack in the stock of his M16, with a piece of tape saying, "Butt Crack."

Hughes kept pestering us for articles for the company newsletter. So we wrote some -- and in every one, mentioned our faithful helper, "Corporal Buttkrak." They never figured it out.