Cool H800X Powder for 45ACP?

With the difficulty in finding ANY pistol powder these days, I cound some 800X, but would appreciate any comments about using in 45ACP for SA1911 milspec pistol, 230gr FN and HP bullets. Thanks!

See data at http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/pistol

Case: Winchester
    Twist: 1:16"
    Primer: Federal 150, Large Pistol
    Barrel Length: 5"
    Trim Length: .893"
    Bullet Weight 230 GR. LRN

Manufacturer Powder Bullet Diam. C.O.L.
    IMR 800-X .452" 1.200"

Starting Loads - Maximum Loads
    Grs. Vel. (ft/s) Pressure - Grs. Vel. (ft/s) Pressure
    6.5 867 15,100 CUP - 7.0 939 17,300 CUP

I think the worst of the powder issues are over for now. The last time I was at Cabelas a couple months ago, the had just about everything... and Cabelas NEVER gets everything first! I use HS-6 in my .45 loads, and that is available, as is Bullseye, Accurate, Blue Dot... and others. I also use Herco from time to time.

Just my $0.02
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Ken Waters did a Pet Loads article on the .45 acp, and he got excellent accuracy an bullet speed with 800X. If you are interested, PM me over the weekend, as I am not at home now. That powder gives awesome performance both in the .45 acp pistol, and in steel shot handloads for duck hunting. With that powder and Sam1 wads I've gotten 3/4 oz of #2 steel over 1800 fps. The problem with the powder is that it is the worst metering powder I have found. If you use it, plan on weighing and trickling every powder charge.

5. Default

A gunsmith once told me that 7 grains of 800X with any bullet is a fine load. I remember shooting up a can of it, and it was very accurate.