Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is definitely an unaltered M1 with the early bolt (not M2 upgrade), but has the NRA stock. I'll add a picture or two from the seller when I get home.

IMG_0005 (2).JPG
    pix747575131.jpg
    Last edited by gewehrfreund; 05-03-2016 at 02:46.

So, I've had this rifle for a while now and have had it apart and cleaned it up and inspected it. It's a bit a head-scratcher.
    It's pretty obvious that it's a DCM club rifle based on features, finish and serial number. But despite the receiver being D&T for a scope base (and it looks original to my eye), the barrel is not!? The barrel date of 8-30 would seem to jibe with the serial number, so it seems unlikely that it's a rebarrel.

Anyway, I still haven't had it to the range yet, but will soon. We'll see how it shoots, then I'll decide whether to go ahead and D&T the barrel. I have the correct bases waiting to be used.

Blog Entries

For what it's worth: I have NRA Sales 1922M1 with serial number 19376 with barrel date of 9-29.
    I have NRA Sales 1922M1 with serial number 19468 with barrel date of 3-30.
    I have NRA Sales 1922M1 with serial number 19582 with barrel date of 11-29.
    All three of these have the barrels drilled and tapped for the front scope block.

The barrel on a DCM Club Issue Rifle should be drilled and tapped for the front scope block. I think the barrel is a replacement that was installed
    quite a bit later than 1930. Of course this is just an educated guess.
    Last edited by Herschel; 05-14-2016 at 07:38.

4. Default

I have a barrel that has been drilled and tapped-I think it is a 1926 date if interested in a swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
    For what it's worth: I have NRA Sales 1922M1 with serial number 19376 with barrel date of 9-29.
    I have NRA Sales 1922M1 with serial number 19468 with barrel date of 3-30.
    I have NRA Sales 1922M1 with serial number 19582 with barrel date of 11-29.
    All three of these have the barrels drilled and tapped for the front scope block.

The barrel on a DCM Club Issue Rifle should be drilled and tapped for the front scope block. I think the barrel is a replacement that was installed
    quite a bit later than 1930. Of course this is just an educated guess.
    Yes, that would explain it. It just doesn't look like it has been messed with at all (no marks on the barrel etc.), but that doesn't rule out a barrel change. I just can't imagine why a rifle this robust would need a different barrel, short of some major catastrophe.

Looks like my D&T skills are going to get tested again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragrifle View Post
    I have a barrel that has been drilled and tapped-I think it is a 1926 date if interested in a swap.
    Thanks for the offer, but creating my own holes sounds a lot easier than switching barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
    Yes, that would explain it. It just doesn't look like it has been messed with at all (no marks on the barrel etc.), but that doesn't rule out a barrel change. I just can't imagine why a rifle this robust would need a different barrel, short of some major catastrophe.

Looks like my D&T skills are going to get tested again.
    Well, right or not, it's a shooter! i did some initial shooting/ammo testing on Friday morning and at the end, I decided to try one of the best performing ammos at 100yd. With the original aperture sights and my aging eyes, I was able to put 5 Federal Match (the older dimpled 900B) into 1 3/16" . The last 4 went into 13/16".
    I'm not unhappy . . .