Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

"The Great Raid" also showed some 03 action ! LT Colonel Mucci (Benjamin Bratt) was doing a little damage on the river when the Japanese soldiers were down in it trying to get around the GIs !

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Murphey View Post
    Speaking of inappropriate 03A3 use don't forget Karl Malden dragging one around as Omar Bradley at Kasserine. I guess he being a general officer might have gotten the first one off of the production line!?!?
    I know that General Matthew Ridgeway routinely carried a M1903 with him. He was with the 15th Infantry Regiment before the war in China, and I wonder if that had anything to do with it.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

"The Soldier And The Lady" (1937) on TCM last weekend; 1870 Russia, and there were some Mosin Nagants in it.

4. Default

I think you mean Gen. Joseph Stilwell. See Attached.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph...o_World_War_II

1925 silent movie The Big Parade has lots of 03's. Maybe they were Bannerman's ..

The Big Parade.jpg

6. Default

they even used 1903's in the Red Badge of Courage, starring Audie Murphy.
    In the movie where they cross the river, watch closely, you will see modern rifles
    being carried by civil war soldiers.

Look at the Marine Memorial at Arlington....one Marine has a carbine with a bayonet lug. They call it artistic privilage. So did Hollywood.

8. Default

I haven't seen The Red Badge of Courage in a long time but the uniforms are 1870s style and the muskets are mostly Trapdoor Springfields.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSki View Post
    I think you mean Gen. Joseph Stilwell. See Attached.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph...o_World_War_II
    If you're referring to me, I meant General Ridgeway. I've seen pictures of him taken in Korea.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

10. Default

I was unaware of Maxwell carrying an 03 in Korea. I saw a picture of Stilwell carrying one in China during WWII.