Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S&W K-22

1. Default

Mine with box....

and some relatives...

Nice. They look mint. Those old gold boxes sell for a premium by themselves. I have even seen repro boxes for the model 16 K-32.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Nice. They look mint. Those old gold boxes sell for a premium by themselves. I have even seen repro boxes for the model 16 K-32.
    +1 excellent revolvers! There is something about those 3 1/2" model 27's. Always been a favorite of mine.

Is that a 52-2?

I've got two 5" model 27's, unfired in the box.

Last edited by Calfed; 09-27-2015 at 03:08.
    ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

4. Default

The semi is a dash 2.

I lucked into that when had a hankering for a Model 39. I thought it was a 9mm model and was surprised when the counter man told me "No its a wad gun". I couldnt imagine a semi relibly feeding blunts so besides it being in a caliber I wanted to reload for because I owned the 27, a 36 and a Colt Police Positive I became hooked. The 52 is imbued with magical accuracy by trols of the underworld.

The 27 doesnt go out much but last weekend I was out a Farm and able to open carry so it was in its element. Shooting my 2 plus grains of W231 52-2 wadcutter loads it is a pussy cat to shoot and more accurate than me.

5. Default

I've always wondered how well those M52's fed wadcutters. Does the ramp look special?

S&W used to advertise the M52 as shooting "mid-range" wadcutters. What velocity do you load for? Back in the day, wadcutters were ridiculously cheap. Now they are ridiculously expensive--when you can find them.

I'm in the hunt for a 3 1/2" M27. Unfortunately, living in California, there are complications involved.

6. Default

Nothing special on the ramp. Trying to remember what it looks like as I type, IIRC its similar to that in my S&W M&P in that its not cut into the chamber but actually a real ramped chamber.

I havent loaded for it in a while so i dont have the recipe on hand but Im pretty sure its between 2-3 grains of W231 and above the 2.5 grain area. I buy precision delta 148 HBWCs and they have worked great in the semi and the revolvers. I seat them flush to just the edge of my fingernail high than let my crimp die barely round the top edge of the round. At todays prices and scarcity its probably cheaper than .22 to shoot.
    Last edited by pmclaine; 09-28-2015 at 11:55.

7. Default

Sounds like quite a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfed View Post
    I have several of S&W revolvers and the only ones that do not have "drag lines" from the cylinder stop are two model 27's that are unfired. I don't know of any revolver collectors who consider drag lines to be "defects"--cosmetic of otherwise.
    Colt SA Army guys certainly do!
    You can never go home again.

9. Default

The classic load for the .38 wadcutter is 2.7 grains of Bullseye and the 147 grain wadcutter bullet.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Colt SA Army guys certainly do!
    Those are generally the ones that think that every gun should be shot, but when it starts to show wear it needs to be sent back for refinishing.