Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S&W K-22

1. Default

Defect and cosmetic seems to be at opposite ends of the descriptive spectrum.

How is the cly stop lowered in order to rotate cylinder to next chamber, when firing?
    You can never go home again.

It is pulled down when pulling the trigger or hammer then releases quickly back into place. If you open the cylinder and pull the hammer back you will notice that it only pulls down long enough to clear the slot in the cylinder then snaps back. It then rides on the cylinder and falls into the next stop slot so it leaves a ring from one slot to the next. There's no portion of the cylinder that won't have a ring. The wear only gets so bad and that's it. I have 8 Smiths, my model 29 has been shot the most and the ring isn't very bad. It doesn't leave a noticeable groove in the cylinder or anything. For the quality, fit, feel and accuracy of these pistols I find this to be a minor dislike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Allen; 09-18-2015 at 08:23.

4. Default

I picked up the revolver and took a few pictures. The gun is all matching, including the grips. It doesn't look bad for a gun that is 60 years old--bluing excellent and only a few minor scratches. Based on the condition, I would say that this did not get fired much. There is a little blue wear at the muzzle, on the cylinder and at the front of the crane

...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

5. Default

Very nice S&W.

6. Default

Thanks, Johnny. I'm hoping to get to the range with this one soon.

Yes, very nice. I would estimate yours being from the mid to late 50's or so. Mine is from the late 60's to early 70's. It's not in as nice of shape as yours, it's a shooter and the picture shows the cylinder ring represented by a lot of love. I bought this used sometime around 1977 for $125.
    Attached Images Attached Images

For many years Smith & Wesson revolvers were the finest thing of their kind that could be had, at any price. Nice K-22.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Yes, very nice. I would estimate yours being from the mid to late 50's or so. Mine is from the late 60's to early 70's. It's not in as nice of shape as yours, it's a shooter and the picture shows the cylinder ring represented by a lot of love. I bought this used sometime around 1977 for $125.
    Thanks, Allen...that is a pretty nice looking one you have there yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Wilson View Post
    For many years Smith & Wesson revolvers were the finest thing of their kind that could be had, at any price. Nice K-22.
    Thanks, Scott

It is amazing how inexpensive these top quality S & W revolvers once were. I was looking at the box that my Model 49 came in...still has the sticker from when I bought it brand new back in 1978--$150.

And the ad that was passed around the office a few years later for my 3" model 66-- $283, including Massachusetts sales tax

I still have both of them and they are still amazing firearms.

Last edited by Calfed; 09-25-2015 at 05:39.

Nice looking k-22. I saw one at a dealer in CA about 6 years ago, and it was in 99 % condition. In CA it had to be at least 50 years old to be sold, so I knew it was hard to find. I paid 700 for it, and lots of people thought that was way too much, but from what I see they are more now. It's my favorite plinker, fun to shoot and super accurate.