Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: S&W K-22

1. Default S&W K-22

I've been looking at 5-screw S&W's for some time now, especially .22 caliber. I glommed one at an auction the other day and it arrived at my FFL last week..

Only have the auction pics now...

It is in excellent condition, with just a little blueing wear at the muzzle and the front of the frame, near the crane.
    Last edited by Calfed; 09-14-2015 at 11:49.
    ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

Not knocking the gun (I always wanted one) but the cylinder also has the pal wear on it. Either out of time or someone constantly dropped the hammer from half cock w/o going to full cock first, and turned cyl. by hand to a notch. With SA Colts that is a killer!
    Last edited by dave; 09-14-2015 at 01:38.
    You can never go home again.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Not knocking the gun (I always wanted one) but the cylinder also has the pal wear on it. Either out of time or someone constantly dropped the hammer from half cock w/o going to full cock first, and turned cyl. by hand to a notch. With SA Colts that is a killer!
    Does a S&W revolver have a half cock?

No half cock, but you will want to get a bottle of finger print remover!

None of my S&W revolvers have a half cock, but they all have the turn ring from being shot many times. Doesn't hurt a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    None of my S&W revolvers have a half cock, but they all have the turn ring from being shot many times. Doesn't hurt a thing.
    10-4. The cylinder stop is spring loaded. With the cylinder open you can depress the stop with your finger and it will return---it always drags on the cylinder and starts making a ring from day one when they are new. I have a model 17 K-22 (3 screw) and a 10 shot 617, both with 6" barrels like yours. They are very accurate and fine weapons but for what they cost they should be.

Did not know that (obviously). Seems like a rather bad cosmetic defect! Never owned any Smith's.
    You can never go home again.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wiley View Post
    No half cock, but you will want to get a bottle of finger print remover!
    The FFL that shipped it on behalf of the auction house wiped it down before shipping it. No fingerprints when it arrived. Not sure why the auction house didn't do it before taking the pics for the auction.
    Last edited by Calfed; 09-16-2015 at 10:37.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    10-4. The cylinder stop is spring loaded. With the cylinder open you can depress the stop with your finger and it will return---it always drags on the cylinder and starts making a ring from day one when they are new. I have a model 17 K-22 (3 screw) and a 10 shot 617, both with 6" barrels like yours. They are very accurate and fine weapons but for what they cost they should be.
    Thanks, Allen.

I've got a number of S&W revolvers and have been looking for a K frame .22 for a while now. I was happy to get this one, especially since it was a 5 screw model.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Did not know that (obviously). Seems like a rather bad cosmetic defect! Never owned any Smith's.
    I have several of S&W revolvers and the only ones that do not have "drag lines" from the cylinder stop are two model 27's that are unfired. I don't know of any revolver collectors who consider drag lines to be "defects"--cosmetic of otherwise.
    Last edited by Calfed; 09-16-2015 at 10:36.