1. Default Original muzzle cover?

I found an original muzzle cover that I believe is for a T-99. I loads of reproductions around but no originals.

What might this be worth? I do not have pics unfortunately.

I didn't know that there was a muzzle cover for the T-99.
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Ebay has them going from 10 to 20 bucks
    Democrat: A person too stupid to know they're a communist.

If you heard my shot, I wasn't aiming at you.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Ebay has them going from 10 to 20 bucks
    For an original? I saw the repro's for that kind of money.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by psteinmayer View Post
    I didn't know that there was a muzzle cover for the T-99.
    The repros say they fit the T-99 and the T-38. Perhaps it is a T-38 muzzle cover? Arisaka rifles of all flavors are WAY of my comfort zone. The one in questions looks like one of the four on the right in the top row in the first picture in this thread: http://www.castle-thunder.com/wforum...afdc37b3bf4f31

Great... now I gotta go find a few of these, LOL
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

7. Default

The standard plastic muzzle covers are seen in 3-4 shades of olive to mustard brown in color. Typical price for these will run between $65-85. Brass in the same configuration will bring $100-125. There are several very hard to fine covers that will bring $250+.
    Last edited by jangle; 09-15-2015 at 04:29. Reason: spelin

Yep, what Jangle said. Plastic repros will have lots of crisp mold lines, unless someone took the time to polish them. Originals are usually worn, warped or cracked. Original plastic ones should NEVER be stored on the rifles. Really, they should never be mounted on the muzzle period. The spring will eventually stretch them and break the retaining tab off. I explained this to a dealer at Tulsa a while back. He stared at me with his mouth open like he was waiting for a cookie. I cam back by later and he had about $400 worth of muzzle covers he was in the process of slowly destroying. Great, when his break mine will be worth more and his will be worthless.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

9. Default

Can i see the pictures?