Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by butlersrangers View Post
    'Brad' - The unsolicited e-mail must have been about one of those Nigerian Krags. That is what the "N" stood for!
    LOL!!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by butlersrangers View Post
    'Brad' - The unsolicited e-mail must have been about one of those Nigerian Krags. That is what the "N" stood for!
    Just spewed Bombay out my nose! Funniest thing I've heard all day. Thanks!

Hey, you might have something there about that Nigerian Krag!!
    That's a good one.

As for my #762, I believe it is in 1892 configuration. Its been awhile now since I made myself familiar with the Krag information, but I think thats the case.
    It is though otherwise, unaltered having the full length stock and barrel, complete.
    I will see if I have already taken any photos of it and will try and send out on this site. If I cant do that I can e-mail direct to anyone interested.
    I think I have a photo of my Springfields attached, which includes the Krag.
    All the guns there are either actual Springfields or of Springfield design.
    The M1A is of course not an actual Springfield MAss gun.
    The early 1770's French Musket is the gun I believe that the first Springfields were design from?
    The rest are all Springfields except for the post war HRA Garand
    100_1025.jpg

I looks like your Krag is an 1892 model updated to 1896 specs. original 1892 rifles have a cleaning rod below the barrel. Just a not, there are no 1894 models. Just 1892s marked with 1894.

M1892 Rifle OA.jpgThis is an unaltered 1892. Note thin wrist, one-piece cleaning rod, short handguard, no hold-open pin on extractor, full bolt rib, flat buttplate, etc.
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 09-05-2015 at 09:37.

Brad's Krag appear to me have a thick wrist stock, could be wrong. Seems quite a few of the early number 92s that got rebuilt found their way into the thicker wrist 96 stocks. Does it have a filled cleaning rod channel in the underside of the forearm?
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

I believe you are correct, though it is an awful photo. Also, remember that to 99.5% of the public, "unaltered" simply means it hasn't felt the hacksaw or met Bubba. Military-length stock, check, military (any) sight, check - it's as issued. You and I are on the lunatic fringe, my friend.

Thanks all, appreciate the advice.
    Yea I forgot to tell ta'all that that old "Nigerian" Ktag had initials scratched into it.
    BHO ?? And big dings from where it was thrown down when the user ran off

Adios friends

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Thanks all, appreciate the advice.
    Yea I forgot to tell ta'all that that old "Nigerian" Ktag had initials scratched into it.
    BHO ?? And big dings from where it was thrown down when the user ran off

Adios friends
    Inspect those BHO initials carefully. There could possibly be a hammer and sickle stamp close by