Default Where to find .45-70 Cowboy Action Ammo?

Have a non-computer-literate acquaintance who is having trouble finding this.

Should one expect to be able to find it in sporting goods stores, gun shops, etc., or is it strictly mail order from the big wholesalers like Midway, Cabelas, etc.

Thanks.

I think Black Hills or something using that name. Believe they specialize in CAS ammo, of all kinds. Probably too specialized for average gun shop or sport shop.

3. Default

Sportsman's Warehouse here in Midvale has had it but not in stock at the present. I don't shoot CAS but have some friends that do, most of them reload. They do have other .45-70 ammo in stock, I'm not sure what the difference is with ammo labeled Cowboy Action. Is it low powered for close range steel targets?

Black Hills does use 'Cowboy Action' as a brand name. That what your buddy is looking for? Tell him to call BH at (605) 348-5150.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Dick, here's another source......and he'll reload the spent cartridges.....your choice of modern or BP loadings.

http://www.tenxammo.com/files/Shoote...g_08012015.pdf
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

I believe CAS uses lower power ammo, they don't want bullets going astray and ranges they shoot are short.

Just goggled CAS ammo. They use lower velocity ammo and lead bullets. They are very strict on all rules and this is one of the rules. Black Hills CAS ammo is not just a 'brand' it is loaded to CAS specs!