Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have book marked that and will keep an eye on how it progresses, sure hope it passes. Thanks for the link. Back to Dave's comment on the guess at a $1000 price tag, thinking I personally doubt it for most of them. A Ithaca or a Singer, could go very high at a CMP auction, sky is the limit. Most of the common ones have been rebuilt at least once and have seen at least some use. Most likely the few new in the box from WW2. would go to auction as well with very high prices. If you can buy a new Remington R1 in the $500 range, a rebuilt service grade could end up at 80% of that for the bulk of the pistols they could get. Think the $1000 tag might be more than twice what they end up asking or getting for these.
    Chris

2. Default

1."If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes
    2. "The Right to Buy Weapons is the Right to be Free" From The Weapon Shop by A. E. van Vogt

Can't find a section 1085 in those on hr 1735 documents, wondering if it was struck from the final ?? Am I missing something ?? doesn't look like it made it through the final document.
    Chris

In the mid 60s at lowery AFB I was issued a Union Switch and Signal .45, the first and last I have ever seen. I still remember the quality of this pistol and would love to have one. $1000.00 is chump change.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Murphey View Post
    Is this going to be only Army guns? What about the USMC, are they keeping theirs?
    The C.M.P. has been trying to get this done for years. All firearms from all branches go back to the Army when they're taken out of service so all Navy, U.S.M.C., Air Force, Coast Guard and whatever else pistols will be in the lot as well as the Army ones.

I understand they've all (or almost all) been rebuilt/refinished before being put into storage at Anniston so my S.W.A.G. is the price will probably start at about $800.00 for the common versions like Colts to much higher prices up to $2,500.00, maybe $3,000.00 for the rare varieties or those with unusual markings, and the really desirable manufacturers pistols going to auction.

The M1911s in service now are, as I understand it, are pretty much all currently manufactured variations.

If they do sell these my paperwork will go in that day!!!!
    Last edited by Art; 08-22-2015 at 09:43.

Shooter5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    The C.M.P. has been trying to get this done for years. All firearms from all branches go back to the Army when they're taken out of service so all Navy, U.S.M.C., Air Force, Coast Guard and whatever else pistols will be in the lot as well as the Army ones.

I understand they've all (or almost all) been rebuilt/refinished before being put into storage at Anniston so my S.W.A.G. is the price will probably start at about $800.00 for the common versions like Colts to much higher prices up to $2,500.00, maybe $3,000.00 for the rare varieties or those with unusual markings, and the really desirable manufacturers pistols going to auction.

The M1911s in service now are, as I understand it, are pretty much all currently manufactured variations.

If they do sell these my paperwork will go in that day!!!!
    I will buy one, not too concerned about price. I was at the PBO desk yesterday and we looked up the serial number of the 1.7mil RemRand I am currently deployed with and its "acquisition cost" is listed at $58.71! 😃