Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weaver K4 60-B

Quote Originally Posted by bigskybound View Post
    The photo attached is of an A4 with Weaver scope that, IIRC, came with Bring Back papers from Vietnam. Story, as I recall, was that the US provided ARVN with a number of A4s with Weaver scopes.
    Is this rifle s/n 3408455 by any chance?

2. Default

We're trying to determine what was REALLY Used - regardless of what was "official" in publications written far from the battle front - in both place and time. Being dogmatic and expecting everything to exactly comply with documents during shooting wars shows a lack of understanding of military affairs and history.

There is at least a reasonable question, as M1903A4s found in Marine inventory (and thus possible USMC issue) - and also in FBI inventory (who got them from the military, directly) have the same Weaver scopes. Calling them "fantasy rifles" is a bit uncharitable, and may prove to be a premature falsehood, when documentation surfaces, as it has on a Great Many military articles - totally changing what we thought we "KNEW" "For Certain". Wars are fluid things - and a place where expediency can change things - and not be recorded.... Then we must rely on the people who were there, and hunt down the fragmentary evidence - things are not always as they seem. CC
    Colt, Glock and Remington factory trained LE Armorer
    LE Trained Firearms Instructor

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jeff p View Post
    I was able to get the serial numbers of the !903A3s that the Marines converted to A4s as well as the serial numbers of the a4s there, I also looked at and recorded the serial numbers and condition of the M1Cs. Everything was handled with white gloves on your hands. At that time they did not have a Kollmorgen for their display and a friend of mine lent one to them. They did have 6 or more Unertls that they showed me. It took me a little over 6 months to get permission to get into Bldg. 2121 and probably would not have happened with out the help of a retired Lt Col. friend. Just a quick note on the Kollmorgen, The gentleman that worked for Kollmorgen and designed the Clicker Knobs for on the Bear Cub lives in Northern Va. and he is a wealth of knowledge on it. i talked to him a number of times and he still has the original drawing he did on the design. Quite interesting to look at.
    Id love to see those drawings of how the Kollmorgen clicker scope caps were engineered. They are supposed to have a fantastic feel even better than some of todays high end optics.

When I got a more appropriate scope for my M40A1 I traded the Weaver K10 60-B that was riding it for this 4X Kollmorgen...

Its a fantastic scope that deserves a better purpose than riding my 10-22.