1. Default 1866 Allin second conversion ?

Bought this second conversion rifle long. Found it at the pawn shop it is in a replacement stock and the hammer screw is not original, and the rear sight has been changed not original. Paid $450 for it the bore is really good and shoots to POA, pictures show what i am saying DSC03330.jpgDSC03337.jpgDSC03332.jpg
    I am happy not a collector but shoots good all I am interested in

Your 2nd Allin Conversion will look a lot nicer with the correct hammer, a Springfield nose cap, and a quality reproduction rod. You have the makings of a nice looking shooter and can 'up-grade' it inexpensively (at your convenience). It is a fun rifle to shoot!

I recommend you get Mr. Dick Hosmer's Book on the early Trapdoors. It is a bargain and if you get it directly from him, it will be Autographed!

'Freightman' - Why is there an extra hole at the rear of your lock-plate? If that extra hole is filled, things will look more proper.

Sprg66-1.jpg
    Last edited by butlersrangers; 08-17-2015 at 08:39.

3. Default

'Freightman' - Why is there an extra hole at the rear of your lock-plate? If that extra hole is filled, things will look more proper.

Sprg66-1.jpg[/QUOTE]
    I was wondering the same thing, have no Idea. I plan on getting the correct sight , do some work on the stock the lock is sitting up to much so the regular hammer screw will not reach the threads. someone sanded the crap out of the stock and rounded off the flats . There was five rounds with the rifle loaded with TrailBoss which I shot, I will use only black powder in it as i do in my Rolling Block and Shiloh. Not a big fan of smokeless in a 19th century rifle. Thanks for the reply, by the way the five rounds were POA at 25 yds with a 22 target very small bulls.