Default '03 springfield stock question

Hello All,
    I have a 1903 Springfield (serial #1349xxx) made in 1930 that has been sporterized (read almost ruined). It has a Fajin stock that is cracked. I'm considering bringing it back to its original configuration. As I look around the web for a stock set I'm finding that there are a few different stock types to choose from I've seen some that say C type, "scant" type and a3 type. My question is which configuration stock do I need for this rifle to bring it to its original configuration? Also, will any or all of these stocks fit the 1930 rifle or is there just one that fits?
    TIA
    DaveL

Most service M1903's (with the 1905/6 modifications) were supplied with the "S" stock (straight grip, fluted forearm). The "C" stock was fitted to late match rifles and relatively small quantities of service rifles, also used as replacements during and after WWII. The straight-grip, unfluted, 03-A3 stock was original-issue on new 03-A3's and sometimes used as replacement on 1903's (perhaps needing a little extra inletting for the 1905 rear sight base). "Scant" stock was primarily a WWII replacement item, normally inletted for dual use on either 1903 or 03-A3.

A woodworker with a bit of matching walnut and patience can graft the "scant" into a reasonable "C", all basic contours except the grip area being pretty much the same.
    Last edited by Parashooter; 08-24-2015 at 11:05.

Thanks Parashooter, that's good info!

Thanks for adding the pic parashooter. That helps a lot!

Default 1903 scant stock

This early scant stock was only inletted for the 1903 not the 1903A3Attachment 32109Attachment 32110Attachment 32111Attachment 32112

I believe those were made at Springfield; the later ones made at Keystone were for both, I believe.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis