Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Strap works great thank you.

I get a little obsessed about some of my toys and fixated on the little things.

Its a great scope. It has brought the weight of my pack down to nothing. The new shooting bags are working out well though bulky they are light and stable.

Im slowly taking away all my excuses for rotten range results.

2. Default

Not so good today with the M40...

Rifle looked good but targets?...

I dont know if Im messing up controlling the scope parallax or what. This rifle shouldnt shoot this much differently from the A1.

3. Default

I have a Mike Lau built M40A1 with a Hart barrel, and with the Sierra 168 gr. MK's it actually shoots better MOA at 200 yards than 100 on an absolutely still day. My scope is a Leupold Mk4 M3, and you can totally eliminate parallax with the side knob.

4. Default

The Weaver on my A1 has an adjustable objective so Im able to focus out parallax. That scope will soon be replaced by a USO MST 100. The repro Unertl 10X sniper can be adjusted by the user and IIRC the USMC set them for 300 yards.

The M40 has a Redfield 3-9X. I think parallax is set to 150 yards at Redfield.

Trying to stay true to period certainly gives me an appreciation for modern gear, more so for the guys that used this gear and accomplished so much.

Quote Originally Posted by pmclaine View Post
    The Weaver on my A1 has an adjustable objective so Im able to focus out parallax. That scope will soon be replaced by a USO MST 100. The repro Unertl 10X sniper can be adjusted by the user and IIRC the USMC set them for 300 yards.

The M40 has a Redfield 3-9X. I think parallax is set to 150 yards at Redfield.

Trying to stay true to period certainly gives me an appreciation for modern gear, more so for the guys that used this gear and accomplished so much.
    Is that an original or like mine the copy made in the Leupold Custom Shop?

http://looserounds.com/2013/09/28/re...ase-and-rings/

http://swfa.com/Redfield-3-9x40-USMC...pe-P61083.aspx
    Last edited by usmc69; 08-29-2015 at 05:20.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by usmc69 View Post
    Is that an original or like mine the copy made in the Leupold Custom Shop?
    It's a period second Generation Redfield. I bought it off EBay. looks in great shape glass is clear, zoom works smooth. I assume it's all in working order.