Default A visit from Dick Hosmer

Dick Hosmer was visiting in my area and he and his host stopped by. We spent an enjoyable 3+ hours talking about Krags, Trapdoors, M1903s and solving the world's problems. It is always a pleasure to meet a Jouster old-timer in person and Dick was no exception!

His friend Bob turned out to have had a grandfather who was an army engineer who was assigned to Corregidor during the early 1900s when the fortifications were being built. He was also retired Navy and had seen a lot of the Pacific.

An enjoyable way to spend the morning!! I'm hoping he can stop by again!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Cool! I wish I could've been there too!

Your not the only one Fred,

John
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Did you check Dick Hosmer's Travel Documents? He's from California, ya know!

(I would like to meet Mr. Hosmer, face to face. He is quite a fine and knowledgeable Gentleman)!

Well, I can't talk too much about refugees from California ...after all I married one!!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Next time I travel to California... I hope to run into Mr Hosmer too. I'd like to shake his hand and say thank you! His knowledge has been invaluable to me... especially with regards to my Krags and Trapdoors. He's a great man and (by way of the forums) a good friend!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

+ 1 on that. Happy trails Mr. Hosmer. Live long and prosper.

jn

Rick beat me to it - but then, he had the advantage of being at home, with his computer!

Had a wonderful visit - the only drawback was that the (in)famous afghan was nowhere to be seen! I had made sure I had my sunglasses with me, just in case. No shortage of drool-worthy 1903s, though.

When planning the trip, it occurred to me that I should check out Rick's address. Turns out he lives less than ten minutes - literally - from our destination!

If we stay with my wife's friends again, and we probably will, Rick and I plan to get out to the range for a few shots.

Thanks for all of the kind comments - it really is fun to put a face with a name. Hopefully, some of us can connect before we all meet upstairs.
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 08-19-2015 at 07:27.

Thanks for the kind words, Dick, and if you get up this way again, we'll definitely plan some range time ... as for your other request, well, better late than never!! LOL!!

--C.S. Lewis