1. Default Polish radom question

I know this forum is for revolvers but I thought I would ask any way. It is a late K series Polish radom. It has no decocking lever but the upper rear of the slide is milled out for one. Could this pistol of been originally made that way. I have heard that some of the late guns were not made with decocking levers but I dont know if the slides were milled out for them or not. Thanks in advance for any help

I can not answer specifically but The Germans did make changes to these pistols over a period of time. They were gradual so the answer could be yes. I used to have a dozen or so of many types but can not remember details now. I only have one, an early Nazi made as the Poles made them. It is a F series and has the lever. F series should not have a stock cut but mine does, so its m/m.
    I'm sure you will get a definite answer.

Once more, its not a Radom but a VIS, made at Radom Arsenal

And what does VIS mean, John?

I once knew what it meant when I bought mine, but that was a looong time ago!

According to a soft cover book I have by a Robert J. Berger it is Latin for Force or Power.
    Looking thru pic's in the book it appears the hammer drop lever was never eliminated. It was later used to hold slide back for disassembly as well as hammer drop.