Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this?

Default What is this?

11822647_840662615982537_8485597185748888924_n.jpg I have not touched this revolver, but a friend sent me this photo wanting to know what they had. Any help?

Its a pistol. Now what kind, I sir, have not a clue.
    Democrat: A person too stupid to know they're a communist.

If you heard my shot, I wasn't aiming at you.

Pistol generally mean semi-auto, its a revolver. More pics, markings, would certainly help. It is a cartridge gun, so post 1870?, unless it defied the S&W patent, does look foreign.

Well, I knew I wasn't giving you much to work with, was just hoping that it would look familiar to someone. If I actually could see the gun I could likely give more details. The only thing I was told was that it had a "cross" mark on both sides and the number 694. No other writing or numbers.

Way more pictures would help. Pic of bore and cyl essential as well as hammer configuration.

I would hazard a guess of it being made in Europe. I would not be surprised if it was made in France or Belgium.

I'm leaning to early post civil war era... maybe even 1865 or so...as Tuna said likely it was by the folks in Belgium & France who didn't pay much attention to patent rights, maybe English too... and during the war time they freely violated patents...S&W stayed busy fighting their patent rights for years, successfully too.
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Looks like a pin fire to me. Hordes of 'em made in 19th Century Belgium and France. WHAG.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Might be military due to the lanyard ring. WAG

Looks like it evolved or was converted from a pepperbox, Didn't see notches indicating a pinfire. probably rimfire. Not much else on the little available to be seen.
    Contempt of congress, 350 million co-defendents