Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Beautiful display

Just curious, how do these shoot? Any reliability problems?

Bob

Very accurate (very heavy, being semi auto is almost March grade). Only issue I ever had was brand new ejecting spent cases would get stuck in ejection port. After 50 or so rounds has run like a Swiss watch ever since. Among my 3 favorite guns I've ever owned.

Thanks, that is good to hear. Brass damaged any more than other semi autos? That is a cool looking rifle. Is there any functional difference of the rear swivel that you added?

Functional no, does same thing. Just I was doing everything I could to give it its look of wwii service. Brass marks are a way of life on receiver rear of ejection port.

Great rifle, and a crowd gatherer at range as is a rifle you dint see much. Had a wwii marine vet (3rd marine div?) fire it one day. Said he carried one throughout the Pacific. Even showed me what said was 4 bullet scars (2 in side one left calf and one right forearm). Had other old vets come look while on display at wwii things, and told me stories.

If he can find the " holed " swivel , He'll be able to spend a lot more money and attach a monopod to his stock.

Chris

Why I'm glad wife doesn't visit these sites, or my "oh was only a $10-$30 part" excuse wouldn't fly anymore

How are the sights to use, for older eyes? My WW1 vintage '98 is a great gun but the v-notch in rear is so small and the front (upside down V) so fine that I really cannot use it well any longer. Do you reload for it?
    Bob

It's an adjustable peep sight, Lil easier to use than a garand. Knob on top of sight for range (ladder marked 100-1200 yards) then a knob on side fir windage. Then filed down got the battle notch sight.

Don't reload yet. Still got 19k hxp rounds for it and 1919a4

Depends on the rear sight . Sounds like Embalmer and I have the same one . Some of these don't have the cut behind the peep and can't go down to the 100 yd setting . I believe those stop at 200 or 300 yards . Worth checking if that matters to you .
    Chris