Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My 1918a2(3) collection

the collection as it stands thus far

Original 1943 dated field manual, and expert B.A.R. qualification badge

Original tool kit, with case, including spare bolt, gas regulator, flash hider/ bipod support

original 1942 D.M. shoe co bar belt and suspenders, 1943 m3 fighting knife in m8 scabbard, 1918 canteen. first aid pouch and canteen pouch repro.

Original 1918 Bar bandolier (BAR entered WWI too late, and they had thousands of these never issues. They were issued in WWII, and due to quantity no new ones were made)

Got Mag's? (still another 30 in a box in safe) restored M1A1 .30 can standing in for the Machine rifle ammunition chest M1 thats in proccess of being cleaned up

last pic.

if anyone else has one of these, and collects stuff for them like I do,please share pics. im always on look out for stuff to add to this collection.

20150620_103343.jpg20150620_103343.jpg20150620_103347.jpg20150620_103353.jpg20150620_103406.jpgWhere is your carry handle? You have me beat,I only have 26 mags.

Leave mine off for wwii look. Prob buried in 1919a4 crate in storage.

Default more BAR items

Note, handle was not used in WW2

photo shows late 1930's CV marked BAR firing pin and case harden Seymour WW2 magazine followerAttachment 31829Attachment 31830Attachment 31831Attachment 31832

Also WW1 belt with metal cup and Model 1918A1 bipod

Early walnut stock for unipod

Still searching everywhere fir one of those sling swivels

Did you know that the leather tool kit was made to fit in a pouch of the BAR belt? I just picked up a tool pouch last week.Sears 1943.

Yeah usually they ate inside my belts (2 kits 2 belts)

are these all Class 3 or are there any Ohio Ordnance pieces here?

i played around with one when i was in the Air Force (we had a WWII themed museum with all the parts and bits and pieces since the base was armored training in WWII)..

Mines Ohio ordnance, that I "Defarbed" to look as it should in WWII

Lil tutorial of work I did to it I posted on another couple sites

Starting off with it just opened from the box 3 years ago

Mod #1 the bolt. I picked up a NOS USGI bolt assembly, as I read that if the bolt was in "satin" finish was probably a swedish bar bolt. Took mine out, and discoved was a ROT usgi bolt. know is post WWII, but markings arent seen while in gun, so will suffice. Ill keep the other bolt as a spare, as the one in gun is already headspaced to gun.

Original bolt, in satin OOW finish.

Quick stop at gunshop down road, got some birchwood casey gun blue, and went to town on it. Was my first attempt at bluing, so was not perfect. couple inner portions didnt really take to the solution. overall gave it an 85% on appearance. FAR better than the silver bolt look.

Mod #2 the buttstock. I love the look of the american walnut, on iron firearms. So without hesitation that was the model I chose.

after some research, realized the buttstock was a dead giveaway to being incorrect for WWII. The main giveaway is the rear sling swivel. short and straight. Obvious korean war era

So after some searching, I finally got this 1943 made firestone bakelite stock. Afterwards, had heck of a time finding the sling swivel to match the cutout profile.

This stayed on my gun for about a year. I searched high and low for an original walnut stock in the WWII profile, but was like finding hens teeth. One day happened to be browsing the bmgparts.com site, and saw he stocked the WWII 1918A2 profile walnut stocks. I leaped at it. had to drill the holes for the sling swivel screws, and do some minor wood removal to get the buttplate to fit properly so could be screwed on. HUGE difference in appearance.

Noticable mod #3 the gas regulator.

as we know, from OOW they come with a korean war screw type adjustable gas regulator. Obviously, if going for WWII, this wont work.

I went out and searched for a WWII key lock regulator. before doing so, make sure your gas tube has the 3 notches for the regulator key to lock into. OOW used both wwii type, and korean war type that had the notches machined out. Also the vent holes will need to be drilled. I modded this one, and also picked a premodified one as an extra that OOW sells now (ask for type 2 regulator)

It came with a carry handle, but wasnt implimented till late 1945, so wouldnt have seen use in WWII. Also the web green sling it came with, had to go. Found a nice 3 hook repro m1907 sling for it on ebay for under 30 bucks.

Mine is a Ohio Ord. rifle also.I picked up a leather sling as well. Looks much better than the one that came with it.