Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by prewar View Post
    Stan is the link slot the unrevealed one it looks like it to me it also lacks the step where the chamber meets the barrel and the shape of the lugs have that round look too that is seen on the 1911 barrels .
    prewar,

Are you asking about the barrel in 39 or the one in the replacement pistol? These barrels are very similar---but not exactly the same. They are not the same as the early horizontal H with serifs barrels. (It is difficult to identify [demonstrate] the characteristics [differences] with pictures.)

Best Regards,

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
    prewar,

Are you asking about the barrel in 39 or the one in the replacement pistol? These barrels are very similar---but not exactly the same. They are not the same as the early horizontal H with serifs barrels. (It is difficult to identify [demonstrate] the characteristics [differences] with pictures.)

Best Regards,
    Well the 2 that you show are later than 39 because of the polishing mark`s on top of the chamber , and yes it look`s like the 2 you show have the unrevealed link slot as far as I can tell from the pic`s .

Default first day

Well the 2 that you show are later than 39 because of the polishing mark`s on top of the chamber , and yes it look`s like the 2 you show have the unrevealed link slot as far as I can tell from the pic`s .
    Troy, as I wrote, I inadvertently posted the wrong photos for number 10's barrel. You must be correct as you probably have the most discerning eye of any collector. Of all the paticipants on this discussion board, I respect your analysis of machining marks and general knowledge of what's correct and what's wrong. I'll send you some photos off line for your information. Once again to board participants, my apologies for my error. gordon

Soo very nice!!! Wish it was mine!

5. Default

prewar,

I am not sure what your point is? What 2 have I shown? I posted several pictures (over a year ago) of a barrel that is in a early replacement pistol. Post #5 and #9 in, http://www.jouster.com/forums/showth...-and-Magazines, is that barrel. Post #12 (same thread) is of a horizontal H and a vertical H barrel(s). Post #12 is not related to #5 and #9.

I am familiar with the very early barrel in No.39 and the barrel in the replacement pistol. I am also aware of three pictures (on another website) of another (very early?) barrel---but, there is not enough information it those three pictures to tell what it is.

prewar,---Do you have pre-horizontal H barrels, or pictures of them? If so, you could help educate on them.? PM me if you prefer. (As you know, it would be very difficult to fake one of these barrels---particularly from an existing barrel!)

Best Regards,
    Last edited by stan4; 08-31-2015 at 12:57.