Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Legal Question

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    The safety switch for 1903 springfield is highly illegal. You should take that part an turn it in to the police for registration. They will probably confiscate it for your own safety.Make sure you don't tell them about the upper barrel band for the 1903 as that is the part with the bayonet lug. Lots of scary parts on that gun. Be safe.
    Be careful with the jokes someone is going to believe it!!!

2. Default

It's not a matter of being a joke, it's the day and age we live in that one can't always be sure what is legal and what isn't. Sad commentary.

Rick H.

Careful. Don't give BO's BATE or DOJ any new ideas.

For those that want to know why im asking I did have a handful confiscated from me by the NYPD and threatened that they will be used against me in the court of law if I do not go along with the program. I wanted to laugh at them and explain to them the law but they are not the brightest people around and sickeningly dumb if you ask me. I was also worried if they told me that what else are they capable of doing as their stupidity seems to have no limit. I did not question in fear of them putting something in my home that would really get me in trouble so i just let them think they had something big. They did enter my home claiming to look for a family member of mine which is still unclear of why but apparently they had the right to enter my home. Talk about breaking constitutional rights, Thanks Bloomberg (former mayor of NYC)
    Last edited by mr.j; 08-16-2015 at 07:19.

Mr j. I understand your problem. I left the northeast during the early 80's. I'm so happy not living there. Having lived in Texas and now in Florida for 28 years. I've seen changes here. Too many liberal New Yorkers think they know better than everyone. They say we should be like New York with their gun laws!! If I where you I'd leave New York. I don't understand why anyone would stay there. Or why any group doesn't challenge Bloomberg's unconstitutional laws.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mr.j View Post
    For those that want to know why im asking I did have a handful confiscated from me by the NYPD and threatened that they will be used against me in the court of law if I do not go along with the program. I wanted to laugh at them and explain to them the law but they are not the brightest people around and sickeningly dumb if you ask me. I was also worried if they told me that what else are they capable of doing as their stupidity seems to have no limit. I did not question in fear of them putting something in my home that would really get me in trouble so i just let them think they had something big. They did enter my home claiming to look for a family member of mine which is still unclear of why but apparently they had the right to enter my home. Talk about breaking constitutional rights, Thanks Bloomberg (former mayor of NYC)
    I'm sorry, I would have pushed the issue back on them very hard and then later sued.... Seems the only lessons they really learn or care about are the one that hit them in the wallet.

Over my dead body would anyone pull that on me.
    As the late Turner Kirkland was fond of saying, "If you want good oats, you have to pay the price. If you'll take oats that have already been through the horse, those come cheaper."

8. Default

Mr J, you need a lawyer. Did they give you a receipt for your property, if not it will be a he said they said issue, also the property is probably destroyed by now. You also need to get a referal to a firearm specific attorney in your area.

Ifn you have guns and a relative who is on parole or probation, you have a problem, warrant are not needed for the search of the house/ Don't let a relative give your address for anything.
    liberum aeternum

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StockDoc View Post
    Mr J, you need a lawyer. Did they give you a receipt for your property, if not it will be a he said they said issue, also the property is probably destroyed by now. You also need to get a referal to a firearm specific attorney in your area.

Ifn you have guns and a relative who is on parole or probation, you have a problem, warrant are not needed for the search of the house/ Don't let a relative give your address for anything.
    Kurt, It might have come to your dead body. or end up in jail
    liberum aeternum

In some states were the mere possession of a fired casing, or, horrors, a loaded cartridge can get you arrested I'd be worried about what the "legally constituted authorities" might think about any part of any firearm. I can see them taking it as evidence of possibly possessing other, perhaps, illegal parts or firearms and deciding to search your home.