Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legal Question

Default Legal Question

I'm ALmost sure I know answer but would like to confirm, Is it illegal to posses 1903 safety switches in my home? I know certain parts are illegal to have if you don't have A FFL but would 1903 safety switches fall under that category? Any help with this would be appreciated thanks.
    Last edited by mr.j; 07-24-2015 at 05:52.

Unless you include your location, we cannot offer an answer to your question. For most of the United States, 1903 safeties are legal to own. Regards, Clark

Quote Originally Posted by mr.j View Post
    I'm ALmost sure I know answer but would like to confirm, Is it illegal to posses 1903 safety switches in my home? I know certain parts are illegal to have if you don't have A FFL but would 1903 safety switches fall under that category? Any help with this would be appreciated thanks.
    Just curious, what's a 1903 safety switch? Thanks.

Ok I get it now. If I lived In the United States it will be no problem for me to own them but if I live in another country such as N.Y.C or L.A. than it would be illegal to own,,

It is a part that locks the gun so it can Not fire a projectile, Maybe i'm using the wrong term safety switch safety lock?

To own a safety by itself is not prohibited anywhere in the USA. It's not a receiver, barrel or trigger housing. A small part for a bolt action is not a problem for you. Most people won't even know what it is looking at it.

The only gun parts that are "illegal" versus 'regulated' would be parts to make a gun full auto. I know of no state where it is 'illegal' to own gun parts, except those I mentioned. Not sure about CA. NY or some of those other states that outlaw a class of weapons, then the receivers of those may be.
    Last edited by dave; 07-24-2015 at 09:27.

Even here in CA, one legally can own as many complete M1903s as one wishes. Therefore parts are not a concern. Just don't die in a parked car and have the polizei discover them in your home!

Why would you think the safety lock or its assembly for a bolt action rifle might be illegal to possess?
    An FFL doesn't allow you to own anything that is not legal to own in your State either.
    Spelling and grammar count!

The safety switch for 1903 springfield is highly illegal. You should take that part an turn it in to the police for registration. They will probably confiscate it for your own safety.Make sure you don't tell them about the upper barrel band for the 1903 as that is the part with the bayonet lug. Lots of scary parts on that gun. Be safe.