1. Default 1903 remington anzac

I have an original Remington 1903 made in late 41. All original and correct parts. No rebuild and very little wear. A Beautiful rifle. For some reason it has a biscuit cut on the upper hand guard even though there is no sign of any damage to it. It is the only flaw on the rifle. Is this commonly seen on the ANZAC guns? Could it be a precaution to possible damage? I see biscuit cutts on many British Enfields but never on 03s. I was thinking of replacing the hand guard but havent found one with the exact same length of sight groove. Or should I just leave it alone? Thanks in advance.

All original Remington 1903 w/ a biscuit cut? Leave it alone. Reason for the biscuit cut is anyone's guess. But, leave it alone. There are not many such rifles left... that have not been mixmastered by rebuilding. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

I've seen quite a few repairs on British M1903s - my theory is they didn't have access to a lot of spare parts.

What's the first few digits of your rifle?
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

4. Default

ser #3,006,xxx

Oh, an EARLY one, sounds nice!

Here's a picture of a British repaired "biscuit" handguard on a Remington M1903 I used to own:

P1280126 (2).JPG
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GBEAR1 View Post
    For some reason it has a biscuit cut on the upper hand guard even though there is no sign of any damage to it.
    I've seen buscuit cuts on many SMLE handguards with no apparent damage. I have also wondered if this was done for strengthening or to limit cracks.

Blog Entries

Looks like we know where the Greek armorers got their training. If this is a common British repair...
    Last edited by Roadkingtrax; 08-02-2015 at 12:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    I've seen quite a few repairs on British M1903s - my theory is they didn't have access to a lot of spare parts.

What's the first few digits of your rifle?
    Europeans are very frugal unlike the US Gov.