1. Default Dominion AP ammo safe for Garand?

I recently picked up some 30.06 AP ammo produced by Dominion of Canada in 1951. I would like to assume its safe to be fired from a M1 Garand, but we all know what happens when you assume. Has anyone out there had experience with this ammo or have definitive info on whether its safe or not. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by stefor; 07-19-2015 at 12:37.

DA(Dominion Arsenals) made ammo for the U.S. military and the CF's .30 Brownings of the day. That .30 AP was made for use in MG's. However, .30 AP was also used in M1 Rifles. .30 M2 ran at the same MV. Did so from 1940 onwards so there was such a thing as .30 M2.
    .30 AP made by DA might be collector ammo. Absolutely fabulous ammo too. Very close to match grade.
    Spelling and grammar count!

I have some .30 AP made at the St. Louis Arsenal in the 40's. Corrosive but pretty accurate.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    DA(Dominion Arsenals) made ammo for the U.S. military and the CF's .30 Brownings of the day. That .30 AP was made for use in MG's. However, .30 AP was also used in M1 Rifles. .30 M2 ran at the same MV. Did so from 1940 onwards so there was such a thing as .30 M2.
    .30 AP made by DA might be collector ammo. Absolutely fabulous ammo too. Very close to match grade.
    Thanks for your info and fyi it is linked for use in a mg.