Thread: 103844?

Default 103844?

Hey folks,

Krag 103844 came home today.

Advertised as a model 1898. Seems like Springfield had a hard time not stamping 3's to look like 8's!

If anyone with access to the SRS books would can look up my new old rifle,I'd be grateful .

Aside from having been bobbed everything looks as it should.

The bore looked horrible but cleaned up rapidly and is just fine.

Cartouche is faint but the Circled P is strong and double struck.

Now if anyone has a handguard for the 1896 rear sight...... I have a sporter stock if anyone wants it. Would have some cash as well, of course.

I like this rifle, am real happy with it and I believe it will stay home here in my stable of stretched out Krags.

Pictures later if anyone wants pictures of yet another bobbed Krag.

Later,

Mark
    "A man with a tractor and a chain saw has no excuses, nor does he need any"
    Me. "Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" Emerson "Consistency is the darling of those that stack wood or cast bullets" Me.

2. Default

Always want to see pictures!!!!

Me too!

Hey Mark, you going to be at Perry this year?
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Paul, Perry is not in the cards this year and I miss the whole thing, the drive with my buddy, the huts, the range, the guns going off, all of it. I miss brushing elbows with you and Bob and all the others.

Be well and shoot center.

Mark
    Me. "Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" Emerson "Consistency is the darling of those that stack wood or cast bullets" Me.

No hits on number 103844 in Mallory's "Krag Rifle Story". Model 1896 Rifle, #103814, was destroyed at New Cumberland in 1929 and #103853 was issued to 1st Artillery on 08/14/1900.
    Last edited by butlersrangers; 07-11-2015 at 09:59.

Thanks for the replies. Sadly, near hits only count in horsehoes and hand grenades as we all so sadly know.

Again, thanks for the time to look it up.

Mark