Default The ongoing saga of the Minelli stock

I begin the process of assembling the rifle in the Minelli stock and it looks awesome. The problem is the rifle is now a very beautiful club. Every time I opened then closed the bolt to to cock the rifle the striker comes uncocked.

I had to relieve some of the wood underneath the trigger pad just to get the rifle to fit. Even as it is it's a very snug fit almost too snug I cannot get the rear action bolt to thread in all the way.

Studying the old stock I saw that there's some inletting that cuts right through the stock reinforcement bolt And the inletting for the trigger is identical. At this point I'm at a loss as to what to do other than take it back to the 'smith and have him finish it.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to look at or try?

lipstick on the places you think are tight..
    it will transfer to the wood..
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chuckindenver View Post
    lipstick on the places you think are tight..
    it will transfer to the wood..
    Listen to Chuck. I would bet the front end of the sear is contacting the wood-in the area of the reinforcing bolt, or the inlet for the trigger is not allowing it to move all the way forward. The rear screw never screws all the way in so that isn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch the Clown View Post
    Listen to Chuck. I would bet the front end of the sear is contacting the wood-in the area of the reinforcing bolt, or the inlet for the trigger is not allowing it to move all the way forward. The rear screw never screws all the way in so that isn't an issue.
    Brought it to the 'smith and he squared things away for me. The other thing I noticed is the toe of the stock is a little proud over the butt plate2015-07-08 18.22.34.jpg

The finished rifle:

2015-07-08 18.22.08.jpg

I preserved the original Handgaurd and stock so I can switch between the two..
    Last edited by John L. Lucci; 07-08-2015 at 04:27.

5. Default

Before you re-shape the stock make sure that someone didn't re-shape the buttplate to fit a heavily sanded/undersize stock.
    What did the smith say was wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Punch the Clown View Post
    Before you re-shape the stock make sure that someone didn't re-shape the buttplate to fit a heavily sanded/undersize stock.
    What did the smith say was wrong?
    I'm leaving it as is. As far as I can tell the Buttplate is mint unissued and is the same size as the one on my original stock.. Per the 'Smith the trigger shelf was not hogged out enough. He fixed it and I'm ready for a range trip.. He also complimented the finish job I did..

Firewood

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Trevor View Post
    Firewood
    Well I couldn't afford a real "C" stock and the gun is a shooter not a museum piece so it's "good enough" But yeah it could have been finished out better by Menelli. I would've felt better if it had been Drop in without the extra wood working by the 'smith.