Default Bought a new toy

An AK47 with under folding stock. My first AK. Just trying to help the 'cool down' here.

Who made it Major Tom?
    Last edited by SMOKEY; 07-05-2015 at 12:10.
    Democrat: A person too stupid to know they're a communist.

If you heard my shot, I wasn't aiming at you.

It was made in Romania and imported by CAI. To satisfy import rules of US content it has a Tapco trigger which is very smooth.

Sage, California....where the pavement ends and The West begins

The Romanian WASR underfolders are a fairly scarce and desirable variation. I had 2 of the earlier ones that were built up with original Romanian military parts on a new productions semi-auto receiver , but sold one recently to pay medical bills for some of my rescue dogs here at the dog rescue/shelter/sanctuary I run.

From what I understand, after being out of production for several years, the Cugir Arsenal has made another limited production run of a few WASR underfolders using the new commercial production WASR with the current dated production trunnions instead of the old military ones with 1960's through 1980's, and early 1990's as I recall.

Here are a few photos of my WASR underfolders.

More Romanian AKM goodness photos, with my underfolders and a few other rifles from my collection, including SAR-1, SOC Afghanistan & Iraq "contractor issued" WASR-10/63, and my very first WASR which is wearing a nice original military stock set with the "dong" grip.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    It was made in Romania and imported by CAI. To satisfy import rules of US content it has a Tapco trigger which is very smooth.
    We want photos!

The 'shoulder stock' on mine is forged steel, not stamped metal. I was told that this is unusual. The bolt carrier is blued not polished. So what is the value of what I have?