Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

But---but you refuse to answer my 'no finish under metal' statements. Why is that? Have you never had one apart? I know a lot of collectors refuse to turn a screw cause it would no longer be "original". All books have errors--down the road that will be found for these books too! With out original German documents no one can know these kind of details for sure.
    Last edited by dave; 07-14-2015 at 07:01.

Actually the new books have a lot of original German documents in them. They are well researched works. You really should have a look at them before you condemn them. I have had quite a few K98's apart and on the later war issue rifles I have seen no evidence of finish added whatsoever. The pre war and early war rifles were finished with raw linseed oil or something similar in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mike webb View Post
    Actually the new books have a lot of original German documents in them. They are well researched works. You really should have a look at them before you condemn them. I have had quite a few K98's apart and on the later war issue rifles I have seen no evidence of finish added whatsoever. The pre war and early war rifles were finished with raw linseed oil or something similar in my opinion.
    I agree. I fail to understand how someone can disparage these two fine works . I purchased both volumes when they came out and there is no finer work available on the topic.
    Keith

4. Default

I have both of their books and am looking forward to the third one. They are well worth the money if you are into K98ks.