Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Got the double buckshot and the slugging went well. Problem was in the measuring. I used calipers and seem to get measurements between .304 and .312. I'm assuming the .312 may be the correct measurement? I used Parashooter's diagrams.

Maybe you could all send me donations enough to buy "store bought" ammo!! And I'd agree in return to never bring this subject up again!! LOL!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

The barrel is on a No. 4 Mk. I - two groove barrel.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

No special tricks are needed with a 2-groove slug. Just measure directly in two places 90 degrees apart - major diameter is "groove", minor one is "bore".

". . . if you have a .308 M/W gauge you can use it, . . ."
    Horsefeathers! A "M/W" gauge tells us only about the bore diameter. We want to know the groove diameter when selecting cast bullets.

"Buckshot is perfectly legal for taking bucks almost everywhere."
    In many places, buckshot is also legal for taking does.
    Last edited by Parashooter; 06-29-2015 at 08:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    . . . .Maybe you could all send me donations enough to buy "store bought" ammo!! And I'd agree in return to never bring this subject up again!! LOL!
    Geeez, Rick . . . .

A few years ago, it was Grandma's afghan that caused a ruckus . . . . Now it's your .303 Enfield!!!

What else do you have in store for us?? --Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimF View Post
    Geeez, Rick . . . .

A few years ago, it was Grandma's afghan that caused a ruckus . . . . Now it's your .303 Enfield!!!

What else do you have in store for us?? --Jim
    Wouldn't YOU like to know!!

(I'll try slugging two other Enfields later today and see what kind of luck I have.)
    --C.S. Lewis

Don't slug em... Just give em a good slap, unless they deserve it!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

7. Default

Wheww, this thread has me rethinking reloading for my SMLE. First of all, I don't put much faith into measurements of any round ball for bore sizing(far too easy to not be square with the axis of the piece measured).
    Steve
    The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    Got the double buckshot and the slugging went well. Problem was in the measuring. I used calipers and seem to get measurements between .304 and .312. I'm assuming the .312 may be the correct measurement? I used Parashooter's diagrams.

Maybe you could all send me donations enough to buy "store bought" ammo!! And I'd agree in return to never bring this subject up again!! LOL!
    had I seen this thread earlier, I would have suggested you go over to Cheaper than Dirt and get some of the HXP they were selling very reasonably,,,