Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I shoot nothing but my own cast bullets @ 314.
    With my homemade lube - no leading.

I think I'll start with .311 FMJ bullets and see where that leads me. Parashooter, what type (size) of buckshot is that you use?
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

0, 00, 000 ok.

I don't have access to any place I can get these (I assume, if you can get to a place that can supply reloading supplies for shotguns, they would have some of these?), so I have some .311 FMJ bullets I'll start with.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Local gun shop or rural hardware store - about $5 - 45 pellets in 5 waterproof containers, bonus powder, primers, wads.

LOL too funny Para
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Not to keep throwing up roadblocks, but didn't some localities outlaw lead shot?
    --C.S. Lewis

Seems you don't care much for the buckshot idea. OK, do you have any reasonably soft .38 pistol bullets? (Most commercial lead pistol bullets are swaged or cast from fairly soft alloy.) A little tougher than buckshot, but still safer than fishing sinkers.
    Last edited by Parashooter; 06-29-2015 at 12:15.

I think Lead Shot is only banned in wetlands (i.e. hunting geese and ducks)... but I could be wrong about that.
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by psteinmayer View Post
    I think Lead Shot is only banned in wetlands (i.e. hunting geese and ducks)... but I could be wrong about that.
    You are correct. Buckshot is perfectly legal for taking bucks almost everywhere.

Of course if one has a muzzle wear gauge for .308 rifles the "2" equals about .310 bore diameter and the "3" is .311, more or less. As I said my NOS No 4 Mk 2 measured just under "2" on my CMP muzzle wear gauge which means it would be fine with .308 bullets. In fact both of my Enfields easily pass the "bullet test" with .308 bullets.

So Rick, if you have a .308 M/W gauge you can use it, which would actually be a bit easier than slugging the barrel.
    Last edited by Art; 06-29-2015 at 03:58.