Default Stock Re-enforcement pins any tricks

Any instructions on how to insert the Stock Re-enforcement pins? Do the pins/bolts bear on the action anywhere? I never have installed any, my background on stocks is more Garand related than 1903. On my current stock the pins look more like finishing nails that bolts..

2. Default

Can you show photos? They may be original to the stock.

On my current stock the pins look more like finishing nails that bolts..

At one point 'pins' were in fact used as a reinforcing method. Faster, easier and cheaper than installing reinforcing bolts.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

4. Default

Even the bolts I consider pins. Did you ever try to remove them? Ain't happening unless you slice up the stock.

If you are doing an install on an un-drilled stock. get some accurate dimensions as to their location, especially the rear bolt. The wood it is going through is a little more than a sliver.

Didn't 03A3 stocks at one point use brass pins rather than bolts?

The "pins" in question aren't really pins. They're headless screws. Not brass, either - steel (at least the ones I've checked). Only practical way to remove them is with a hollow drill (steel tubing with saw teeth filed on one end). Done correctly, this leaves a hole sized and positioned right to install the common crossbolts.