Default M1903 National Match Stock?

Cross posted in CMP forum as well. You may remember last week when I stated I had acquired a sporterized M1903A4. Last Sunday at church I told a gentleman who is a retired Army Colonel about it, and he said he had a stock for it. He gave the stock to me today, Although it is a C-stock, it is cut only for a M1903. It has a milled band spring, lower sling swivel, and buttplate. It has the stamp A.H.A. on the left side, with S and O in the cutoff recess. The stock nose is unmarked. There is a metal property tag on the left side of the stock, and markings where something, like a tag, used to be on the right side. The underside of the butt has a stamp of D1836. The stock is dirty and dry as a bone because he had it in a storage building. I looked at the J.C. Harrison book I have and it has the characteristics of a M1903A1 National Match Stock. Can you guys verify? Attached is a link to a photobucket album because the pictures are large in size. Thanks for looking.

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/Glyn...mory%20C-Stock
    Last edited by Glynn863; 05-11-2015 at 03:58. Reason: Updated Photo Link

The stock is designed for a M1903A1 but not a National Match. National Match stock (of that time frame) had the rifle's serial number close to the drawing number (D1836). I would guess the stock does date from the 1930s but was used for a service rifle. The AHA probably dates the time the rifle was put together to early WWII.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Updated the photobucket link.

The stock was made by SA in the late 30's. The A.H.A. looks like someone's handywork. A rebuild mark would be more in line. Those look like individual stamped letters.

FWIW,

Emri

5. Default

A very nice, Springfield Armory 1940 C stock! Neat find! Now it needs through oiling and a proper 03 to be mounted in it! As for the stamped letters, they look pretty vintage to me. Regardless, I think most of us would be pleased to have it! CC
    Colt, Glock and Remington factory trained LE Armorer
    LE Trained Firearms Instructor

Default Memory is Now Engaged

The letter stampings are probably NOT someones handywork. They are probably the inspector's ( unknown ) initials put on when the stock was used to build a late SN Springfield. I don't have Brophy's book right now to look it up, but he mentions several unknown but valid inspection marks. As Col. Colt stated, about 1940.
    Shown is a pic of an L.T.T. inspected stock on my late SA. ( 1,5xx,xxx range )

HTH,

Emri

Forgot to mention that the stock bolts are both stamped on the head with "2", and there appears to be a possible stamp between the rear tang bolt hole and the trigger opening cut, as viewed from the top.