Default Rebirth of the Inland

Just saw this in the latest Guns & Ammo mag. An authentic "re-production" of the classic .30-caliber M1 Carbine...

http://www.inland-mfg.com/

Jim
    Last edited by jgrabow6493; 05-01-2015 at 03:44.

It's the same idea as the new Rock-Ola's. Just really not like the originals to me and just another commercial carbine.

Brand new company with no connection to GM making copies.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Colt has someone reproducing the Colt Pocket Hammerless .32 auto again. The reproduction is going to cost more than a nice original. Just wonder about pricing on the Carbines.

You can bet-----EXPENSIVE!

The suggest retail price is $1049 for a new commercial Inland. For that kind of money one can still buy an original USGI rebuilt Inland.

Johnny I thought I saw where the price was in the $1200 to $2000 range on the 1903 Colts. Production was limited to like 2000 pistols? Doesn't seem like it would pay for the making of the pistols if only limited to 2000 or so.
    Last edited by Tuna; 05-03-2015 at 09:50.

As the song says, "Ain't nothing like the real thing baby."
    "Man is not free unless government is limited." -- Ronald Reagan

Like all those second generation Colt black power pistols Colt probably does not make it, maybe only finish's it.

9. Default

Colt never made their blackpowder reproduction revolvers here in the States. They were all made in Italy and early ones shipped here for finishing. While people initially turned their noses up at the second and third generation reproduction blackpowder revolvers, that were made in Italy, those handguns have SUBSTANTIALLY gone up in value. So as a wise man once said, never judge a book by its cover. There are a lot of people eating crow over the Colt Blackpowder guns today.

Rick H.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    The suggest retail price is $1049 for a new commercial Inland. For that kind of money one can still buy an original USGI rebuilt Inland.

Johnny I thought I saw where the price was in the $1200 to $2000 range on the 1903 Colts. Production was limited to like 2000 pistols? Doesn't seem like it would pay for the making of the pistols if only limited to 2000 or so.
    From what I saw the initial run will be phosphate finished at around $1300. This will probably test the waters, and if they sell there will be other finish variations. The photos looked more like a Rock Island Arsenal rebuild of the Colt Pocket Hammerless, with a rough dark phosphate finish. The last Pocket Hammerless Colts built had a smooth Parko-Lubrite finish.