Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I resized a few and was still getting about 1.274 (sorry about the goof!).
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Unhappy Lube lube lube

you can only use no lube on STRAIGHT CASES--the Carbine is not straight wall--if you don't lube--well you are in for a case separation--
    how do I know--I had a case separate because no lube let's the case web thin

3. Default Trim to less than max..........

Be sure to keep the cases trimmed to less than max length. A long case + an abrupt stop on headspace + a free floating firing pin = a less than ideal situation. I find that Winchester 296 powder meters very well. The carbine is fun to shoot, enjoy!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    Like 4F4Nam says, you set 'em up just like any other pistol die. Should be any need to lube if the sizer is carbide though. Absolutely no need to crimp.
    I under lubed my carbide carbine die and wound up with a case stuck so badly I had to get a gunsmith to eat the brass out with acid.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur