Thread: Hello from GA

1. Default Hello from GA

Went from no USGI rifles in the safe to an Eddystone M1917 and Remington M1903-A3 in one day. M1917 appears to be WW2 Augusta rebuild with HS barrel, while the '03-A3 is original March of '43 Remington save for an SC bolt. I appreciate the contribution of everyone here and on similar sites. Without these resources most of us would be stumbling around to find any info on these fine firearms.

Welcome aboard
    Democrat: A person too stupid to know they're a communist.

If you heard my shot, I wasn't aiming at you.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new acquisitions. There's something about an authentic battle rifle that stirs the soul. Look forward to hearing more about your rifles.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

Thumbs up

Welcome aboard!
    Now you are in trouble - 2 militaries are all it takes for them to breed! Next thing you know you'll have 3, then 4, then ----
    Spent a little time in Ga - at t Benning for jump school many yrs ago.
    Sarge
    Last edited by Sarge; 05-05-2015 at 04:49.
    Calling illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is like calling drug dealers unlicensed pharmacists!
    LIFE MEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281.AHC Assoc & CAF

Quote Originally Posted by Georgia1911 View Post
    Went from no USGI rifles in the safe to an Eddystone M1917 and Remington M1903-A3 in one day. M1917 appears to be WW2 Augusta rebuild with HS barrel, while the '03-A3 is original March of '43 Remington save for an SC bolt. I appreciate the contribution of everyone here and on similar sites. Without these resources most of us would be stumbling around to find any info on these fine firearms.
    Welcome aboard! Two nice rifles in one day... wow! The 17 is one of the great rifles. For it to be a AA rebuild would in my eye be excellent... after all, Augusta is here is Georgia!. The 03-A3 sounds close to perfect. Get yourself a Rem. bolt and see if it gives you correct headspace. If so, the 03-A3 will be correct! If you want to you can likely sell the SC bolt and net out. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Welcome aboard! Two nice rifles in one day... wow! The 17 is one of the great rifles. For it to be a AA rebuild would in my eye be excellent... after all, Augusta is here is Georgia!. The 03-A3 sounds close to perfect. Get yourself a Rem. bolt and see if it gives you correct headspace. If so, the 03-A3 will be correct! If you want to you can likely sell the SC bolt and net out. Sincerely. bruce.
    Yes, that is the plan, but no hurry. Both barrels appear to be in great shape, with no significant rust or corrosion, and good rifling. We hope to exercise these before too long.