Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Clawson

Default Chuck Clawson

Just learned through a friend of Chuck's wife, Betty that Chuck passed away yesterday.
    Great loss to the 1911 community. Irreplaceable.

Very sorry to hear that. He contributed so much to so many. Prayers for his family and loved ones.

I have known and respected Chuck for a long time. May he Rest In Peace..
    "Give Me A Fast Ship And I Will Sail In Harms Way" John Paul Jones, U.S. NAVY

4. Default

Wow, only two replies in as many days?!? The entire 1911 collecting community owes this man a HUGE debt of gratitude. Without his research and reference material, not to mention the help he has given others we'd still be in the Dark Ages of 1911 collecting. Like Gordon said, Chuck was irreplaceable. And that's without me even knowing him personally.

5. Default

There are really no words to express how much of a loss his passing is to the collecting community... Never mind his family. His research and published work really changed the face of collecting... long before I started collecting. I never knew collecting without his influence, and I am truly grateful for the knowledge and research he presented.

RIP Mr. Clawson. A very respected man in the collecting community.

Shooter5 Guest

Thanks again. Rest in Peace.

A cherished mentor for many years. Countless fond memories. Very glad we got to spend some time together this year.

He was basically his normal 83 year old self Friday (24 Apr 2015) morning---then gone by 14:11.

Life is fleeting---try to live it well!

A nice Tuesday afternoon (28 Apr 2015), and a beautiful Wednesday (29 Apr 2015) in Attica, Indiana!!

SO LONG---CHUCK!!!
    Last edited by stan4; 04-30-2015 at 12:57.

The rest of us stand on their shoulders ...may he rest in peace.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

A true gentleman. I have copies of every book he published and I cherish them for the information
    he provided. We exchanged E-Mails a number of times when I had a question or two and he was
    always a most generous provider of his knowledge.

God bless Chuck, you will be missed and your contributions to the collecting community will be
    sorely missed and your name never forgotten for those of us who share your passion.