Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Whatever... I'll drink to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Turner/Turner Saddlery View Post
    Don't know why, but I feel like I have something crawling up the back of my neck when I read or hear some refer to a Winchester as a Whinny and a Remington as a Remmy. It never seems to bother me when a Chevrolet is referred to as a Chevy.
    Me too Richard. It just sounds like something a cutesy talking effeminate man would say. How about those Springy's and Rocky's and Smithy's and Danny's or Wessy's? Like wearing Pink underwear with lace or something.
    Last edited by Fred; 04-10-2015 at 11:58.

I'm bad about your and you're. I'm really not sure I get it. When I see a post that starts with My Winnie arrived today, I don't even open it.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

4. Default

I understand that proper nomenclature is important. That being said, I learned a great deal about firearm and knowledge in general from WW II Vets. I am sure that if I would have been critical of their use of language, they would not have shared much of anything with me. That would had been my loss.
    Last edited by DarylBruce; 04-11-2015 at 05:15.

5. Default

It's all true and will never change. Nice try, though.

Then some need to be upset about Cartouche for a Commanders stamp or Gas Trap when in fact it is a Model 1936. Don't get me started on Tankers. Actually none of it bothers me and I can sleep at night thank God for not worrying about how people spell when I know what they mean. It must be a horrible life for some Rick B

Tides are: ebb, slack and flood

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Turner/Turner Saddlery View Post
    Don't know why, but I feel like I have something crawling up the back of my neck when I read or hear some refer to a Winchester as a Whinny and a Remington as a Remmy. It never seems to bother me when a Chevrolet is referred to as a Chevy.
    And lets not forget the "tractor" rifle. Ugg

Quote Originally Posted by 2111 View Post
    Don't forget the typewriter rifles (Underwood and Corona) and the jukebox rifles (Rockola).

Quote Originally Posted by 2111 View Post
    Actually, the factory that made the so-called "tractor" rifles actually made the Kelvinator refrigerators!!

Only a very small corner of the huge factory was delegated to the making of the M1 rifle. --Jim