Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Number 9

1. Default Number 9

After looking a long time, I finally found a numbers matching English No7 MarkI magazine rifle to go with my Canadian single shot version. Then I realized I still need to find a No 9 English single shot. Is finding one of these possible? or likely?

Anything is possible. I think finding a No.9 would be a long, long hunt. I have never seen one, quite interesting rifles from what I've seen.....in pictures.

Default Got one

Well, you can't have mine!

4. Default

Oh please?!

Have only ever come across two. Good luck! This one is not for sale!

No.9 markings.jpg

No.9.jpg

They do turn up. I found mine in a pawn shop and the owner really didn't know what he had and, I was not entirely sure what I was looking at, at the time. We struck a deal we were both happy with and after I did my research found I had a real gem and was very lucky. Everything I've read is that there were approximately 3000 made and these were for the Royal Navy. I've always been curious how many are in the US or even in existence for that matter.

VG

7. Default

The worse thing about all this is that I actually had a chance to buy a No9 but I passed! I was looking for the magazine version of the No 7 and didn't realize how rare the No9 is!��

8. Default

btt

9. Default

btt

a No9 sold on auction arms about a week ago for $1700.00 only the second one I have seen for sale on the internet in at least the last 10 years, I bought the first one I saw. I bought the first one I saw from Jean Plumadon in Canada.